Students choose to study in Vancouver for a number of reasons, some of these include:
- access to reputable and affordable study programs;
- a competitive exchange rate on the CAD;
- beautiful landscapes and scenery, including the sea and mountains;
- a hospitable and open-minded people and richly diverse culture;
- a variety of activities year-round including walking tours, whale and bird watching, camping, water sports, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, golfing, cycling and mountain biking;
- several attractions;
- many parks;
- a vibrant night-life scene;
- fantastic shopping.
GILA is located in the historical and trendy neighbourhood of Gastown, which is Vancouver’s oldest neighbourhood. Situated along the north of the downtown Vancouver peninsula, students can enjoy:
- history-filled architecture;
- walking tours along cobblestone streets;
- viewing of the steam clock;
- a visit to the statue of Gassy Jack Deighton;
- a wide choice or restaurants, locally sourced and inspired by international cuisine;
- coffee shops, bars and pubs;
- an array of shopping centres as well as smaller more exclusive shops and boutiques;
- art galleries.
Students can choose to travel either by bus, Skytrain or Sea Bus, making it easily accessible by foot, bicycle, car or public transit, and only 30 minutes from the Vancouver International Airport.